Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Those Who Do Not Dance

butterfly_5

A crippled child

Said, "How shall I dance?"

Let your heart dance

We said.


Then the invalid said:

"How shall I sing?"

Let your heart sing

We said


Then spoke the poor dead thistle,

"But I, how shall I dance?"

Let your heart fly to the wind

We said.


Then God spoke from above

"How shall I descend from the blue?"

Come dance for us here in the light

We said.


All the valley is dancing

Together under the sun,

And the heart of him who joins us not

Is turned to dust, to dust.

Gabriela Mistral


It has been ten days since Vincent had his stroke.  Progress is slow but it is evident.  I know the power of a positive outlook.  I found this poem and it spoke to me somehow.  It reminds me that nothing is set in stone and that anything is possible.  Also we can never be sure what unexpected sources may bring us the very moment that will bring us the influences and experiences we require. 

Blessing to all who have been so generous with your prayers and thoughts.  I truly can feel the energy.  I know that many are praying for us at this time and it has taught me that God comes in so many forms, for I feel the healing warmth from each of you. 

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

It is such a beautiful poem and I thank you for sharing it with us. Glad to hear that Vincent is making progress.
Mary

audrey said...

Janie,,,
There is nothing wrong with slow as long as the progress is evident. Time brings healing and I am happy to hear that Vincent is healing.
I will continue to pray for you and Vincent. Thank you for keeping us posted.
♥ audrey

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dearest Janie...I'm relieved now that I've heard your voice sharing Vincent is doing better. Please know that you are both still very much in my prayers...I asked for prayers for you on my blog too and my Sister Dancing Fire left this prayer for you that I wanted to make sure you saw as I know you are busy with Vincent's needs.

Great Spirit! Hear my voice. I am Dancingfire. I speak with gratitude. I am one of your children. I stand here with pride and devotion for my purpose among all earth spirits. I accept your love and wisdom. I offer this blessing to you for all your goodness and knowing. My heart is beating, my blood is pulsing through my body, I am alive. I am grateful. I ask this prayer respectfully. Please great father there is one of your own who needs your healing hand.Please restore Vincent to good health and make him whole once again...Instill in Janie the strength and wisdom she needs so much now.Let it be so.

So..you see there are those who still offer up love, healing and prayer as you've stated and I know you feel us...I can feel you too.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do? I can see why the poem you shared spoke to your heart.

Sending You and Vincent great love and healing energies...
A'HO!

Bogaman said...

I've learned in my life that it's not as much about the hand we're dealt. It's more about how we deal with it.
Still got you guys in my thoughts.X

Judy said...

Sorry for all the troubles...but glad that progress is being made...will keep you in my thoughts...