Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Surprises, Blessings, and So Much More

It has been a while since I last was here. Yule has come and gone as well as Christmas and the New Year. It seems all like a whirlwind of events to be honest. Yet maternal duties called and of course I answered. I was lucky enough to visit my daughter and grandkids the week before Christmas and spend time with them. We arrived on Yule and I enjoyed celebrating with them. We opened a couple gifts and left the rest for Christmas morning.

We arrived home Christmas Eve. Christmas day both my sons were able to be with us. My oldest came and shared lunch with Vincent and I. Since it was just the three of us, I prepared us each a Cornish hen with dressing and green beans; a simple meal for a quiet simple gathering.

Later in the afternoon my middle son and his fiancé came. They were able to spend the night and join us celebrate a belated Christmas with Vincent’s daughter and her husband.

Here I was going on and on about how my Christmas was going to be quiet with nothing special happening. When all was said and done I was able to be with all my children for the holidays. It was truly a blessing that I had not expected.

Our New Year was spent quietly at home with just Vincent and I. Although that is how we have spent our time the last few years. I will admit that I have grown to enjoy celebrating November 1st as the coming of the New Year. It just seems to feel more natural to me.

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all of you who have sent me emails and comments in regards to my oldest son and his situation. I appreciate so much the kind words, thoughts, and prayers that many of you have shared with me. Continue to remember him. He is my oldest yet to me he will always be my little boy. Yes, I know he is 27 but it is hard to watch your child go through pain no matter how old they may become. He is doing well and is adjusting well despite all that has happened.

Also thank you for your concerns in regards to my absence. I am in the process of getting a new computer system as my other decided to take a break. My middle son was able to take my hard drive home with him and download all my info off so that I did not lose any of my pictures, music, and/or writings. It is so nice to have a computer nerd in the family.

I have been answering much of my emails via my iphone and occasionally I hook my laptop up to the internet. I have enjoyed the break yet will be honest and say that I am ready to get back to writing. I also have missed keeping up with everyone else’s blogs as well. So although I am sure it will take me a while I will slowly catch up with everyone’s events and posts as well as get back to my own. Wishing all of you a very blessed New Year.

13 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Happy New Year to you too my dear. (And I completely agree with the November 1st date. I feel the same way.)

Cheers!

Robin Larkspur said...

Good to hear all is well. Quiet celebrations can be so refreshing and meaningful! Looking forward to a New Year of your wonderful posts, and blessings to you and yours for a healthy happy 2011. Robin.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May 2011 bring you many blessings!

audrey said...

Hi Janie! So good to see you back!! I am happy for you that you were able to be with all your children during the Christmas season. Being with our children is what makes the Holidays special.
Now that you are back, new computer in hand, I look forward to reading your blog posts to come.
Happy New Year!
Blessings!
♥ audrey

Wizardess said...

Good Yule & January Blessings! Good to see a post from you. :)

Wendilea said...

So good to see you back on the blog... Brightest blessings to you and yours!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year to you and yours! I was happy to learn of your activities during the holiday season. I wish you much magic and happiness in the year to come! Theresa

Teresa said...

Glad to have you back. I hope things continue to get better for your oldest. I hope 2011 brings you many blessings.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I dont comment often, but I do read your blog. I hope that everything goes well for you and your family in the coming new year. :)

Ten Nebula said...

Peace and Light,

I enjoy your blog!
All the best to you in 2011!!!


Bright Blessings & Stay well,

Ten Nebula
www.Tennebula.Blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you were able to be with all of your family. I know in the short time I have been following that they are precious to you! I have kept you and your family in my thoughts through your absence and I will continue. I also felt for the first time that the calender year end was not as important to me as Nov 1st was. I look forward what is in store for all of us!
Hugs and Blessings

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

MM, have missed you alot, but glad you had time away with your family. I know how important being with them is to you and that blessing is worth more than any other. Visit the Garden some day soon and let's have a chat and a cuppa. Blessings, The Olde Bagg

AkasaWolfSong said...

Janie I am so relieved to hear everything is going better and that you had such a nice Christmas and New Year's Eve. I quite agree with you about November 1st!
I love that picture you shared...the one on the top of your post...
I have missed you greatly and cannot wait for you to be back blogging a bit more...
Sorry about your computer tho, the darned things keep us going don't they?
Well, anwho, it was sooo good to hear your voice..I was over here a few days ago, thinking maybe I'd missed something by some glitch in blogger but nope...so I am very happy to see you here today!
Take care and Blessings of Peace and Abundance Dear and I will still keep your son in my prayers...
I love Ya!
xoxoxo