Wednesday, May 19, 2010
It seems there are several moments throughout my life when I have sat back, smiled, and said "Life is Good". Even in some of the darkest times still those words can hold so much meaning. I am sure that many of you have seen the post that has been circulating where 10 questions are sent to you to answer and you in return send out 10 new questions to others. I enjoy these as they allow us to see sides of each other that we may not normally see.
Dede over at Brightest Blessings was kind enough to hand it off to me. So here goes
1. Besides friends and family, what makes you truly happy? The answer to this is simple, it would have to be nature. I find such peace in simply being outdoors and experiencing all of its beauty. Whether it be in the songs of the birds, the bright colors of the seasons as they change, or the smell of a fresh spring rain. It always makes me smile.
2. What is your favorite thing to do for "me" time? If I have 'me' time I usually spend it writing or listening to music. Both are dear passions to me. Music has always seemed to inspire me to do better things and often it comes out via my pen.
3. What is your favorite, most fun to make item that you have ever made? Well that is ever changing. I think recently it is baking meringues. With experimenting on various flavors and recipes I have truly enjoyed myself. However really anything in the kitchen makes me happy.
4. If you had one wish, what would you wish for? There are several things I can think of, yet I think if I were truly selfish with my wish, I would wish to be in my 20s again. There is so much going on in the world today for young people that I think I would love to be a part of it. Yes I know that although I am much older I can still be active. I just think if I were 20 something it may be lots easier. My non selfish wish, would be for peace as corny as it sounds. I just can't help but think how nice it would be if we all could just get along with one another.
5. What was your favorite thing to do as a child that you still do? I refuse to grow up so there are many things. I love to write, I have journals dating way back. I love to eat ice cream, although these days it doesn't like me as much. I love to play in the rain, something I can still do when the neighbors are not watching.
6. How many children do you have? I have 3 children of my own; Two boys and a daughter. I also have a step daughter. I also have 2 others that live in my heart and always will be with me. Believe it or not when I was young I was bound and determined to have 12 kids.
7. Any grandbabies yet? Three from my daughter as you have seen. I also have 2 other boys from my son's fiance. Although I will gladly be anyone's GG. If I could I would rent myself out.
8. Favorite season? Fall of course. I love the colors, the smells, and the cooler temperatures. It always seems to make me think of family and closeness.
9. The job that you loved, where and doing what? I think what I am doing right now; being wife, mother and GG.
10. Where do you prefer to live city or country? Most certainly the country. Thought at one time I might be a city girl and learned very quickly that I am not. I like to visit and see the sites but I am always glad to get back to my little piece of land.
Now for my ten questions and the recipients.
1. If you could change one thing in your past what would it be?
2. What would you do if you won the lottery?
3. What was your favorite band when you were a teenager?
4. If you were a car, what kind of car would you be and why?
5. If you could sit and visit with 3 people who have passed, who would they be and why?
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
7. Beer, Wine, or Liquor?
8. Where would you go to vacation if money were no object?
9. What is one thing that make you steaming mad?
10. Why did you start blogging?
Now for the wonderful people whom I will send these questions to.
Serindipity at To Fall or Stumble - you always make me smile
Linda at Olde Baggs and Stuff Shirts - you always make me laugh
Greek witch at Dreaming of Rosemary - you always make me think
Nydia at Bringing Up Salamanders - you remind me of the importance of family
Kat at Antics of A Tameran Witch - you always make me want to go shopping.
Akasawolfsong as Heart Songs - you always move my heart
And all of you make my life good....