Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Art of Productivity

I look at the title of this post and I can not help but laugh.  Productivity has not been one of my strong suits over the last year.  No good reason, or at least none that I can honestly put my finger on.  I only know that it was as if I was in limbo.  I had the desire.  Yet when it came time to exert that desire something inside of me just fizzled and nothing occurred. Although at times I can over think things, this is something that I have promised myself to just accept and move on from.  The lull seemed to be felt my many and I was not singled out alone it seems.  Finally I seem to have come out from under the wet blanket that covered me and once again I feel that surge to create and produce something…. anything.  

 

I have once again started to dabble in my writings.  I have had several ideas as of late and have started to once again put them to pen and paper.  Of course I will share them with all of you when they are in a more presentable manner.  

 

I have also been craving to create in a crafty manner again.   I have even reopened my Esty shop and am bound and determined to start posting items once again.  From my hand made willow runes to embroidery sachets,  home grown potpourri, and so much more; soon my shop should be up and running at full steam.  When it is in a more presentable state I will post the link on my blog, just in case you would like to check it out. 

 

The out of doors has also been calling me.  The sweltering heat of last summer threw so many things out of whack and the usual time I spent outside was greatly reduced.  I am also eager for this to change as it will inspire me in all my areas of creation. Nature has a way of doing that.  Last night we received a welcomed rain and already I can see the life peek through.  Spring is not far away and newness will be everywhere. 

 

I guess sometimes we do just need to sit and be still.  Sit and listen to the hushed voices around us and what they may be saying.  It is so easy at times to get caught up in all the noise and clamor that we lose site of what the true goal may be.  I am looking forward to the spring cleaning of my life as this new year transpires.  I have a feeling that it is going to be an interesting one indeed. 

 

Blessings

5 comments:

Tournesol said...

I love the sachet in the picture, so pretty! I recieved one of your sachets in the spring swap last year and I keep in on my dash in my car and it's still there. Love it. NIce you're feeling creative again. I'm trying to work it up but at least am thinking about it, if not doing it yet : )

brandi said...

~good morning my dear friend...it could be as if you wrote this post for me!!! yesterday my affirmation word was productive...there is so much i have been wanting to do alas i was in a fog of actually following through and manifesting such ideas...i feel your burning desire...i am so excited for you to step out in this new adventure...i know you will do well...we love your willow runes and i know others will too...be well and let your muse run wild this day...much love light and blessings~

Wendy S. said...

I've also felt thag same lethargy and am just starting to feel the return of the internal spring. Productivity, that word sometimes makes me shudder because it imples to me at least that I'm just being lazy or some other negative connotation when I'm not busy. But I always hear that buzzword in my head none the less esp. when it comes to blogging. Can't wait until you get your shop up and running again.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I am so glad the urge to create has bitten you once again. I am feeling that surge, too. I would love the link to your etsy shop when you have items there - I adore potpourri and your sachets are just lovely.

Illustrated Ink said...

Awesome that you're feeling the creativity flow through you again! I'm excited that you've re-opened your Etsy shop too. :) I have struggled with finding a balance between productivity and allowing myself to just sit and be still. There is definitely a time for both.