Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lazy Saturday……

A lazy Saturday.  I glance out the window and the sun is shining brightly.  I can hear the birds even inside with the doors closed.  I long to go outside and enjoy what appears to be a gorgeous day.  Yet when I open the door the cold air reminds me that it is still early February.  Although I long for Spring I know that Winter still has a bit of a hold on Mother Earth and will take his time to leave for good.
 
daffodil fairyStill I see the signs that Spring is coming.  The small hens bit is starting to peek out with it pops of purple.  Nestled throughout the yard are dots of yellow from the brave dandelions who dare to show themselves this early.  My crocus are blooming beneath my little Oak.  Even a different smell seems to flow through the air. 
 
I love when the Earth begins this procession into the coming warmer times of the year.  It is a time of rebirth and renewal.  Not only for nature but also for us as well.  Dormant for the last months, nestled snuggly in our warm abodes we sat and reflected on the things of the past year and planned for the things ahead.  Changes we felt needed to be made were noted and we began what we could to see that such plans would come to full fruition. 
 
little spring fairyNow the time where we can emerge from our hibernation is close at hand and the land calls to us to come and enjoy ourselves as the dance of awakening begins.  Longer days, warmer weather, green grass, and color seen everywhere as life returns. 
 
Take a moment to venture outside in  the coming days.  Enjoy the beauty that a quiet still moment spent with nature can give. 
Blessings

3 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Good advice dear lady. Even in the cold there is always something to make us appreciate the life we have been given.
Hope you and yours are doing well. Almost springtime blessings, Oma Linda

Dede said...

Good Morning Janie! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when we went to the Olustee Festival. It looked so pretty outside with the sun out, so inviting. Then when you open that door, I just didn't have it in me to venture out.

(((HUGS)))

brandi said...

~good morning my friend...the last few days here have filled me with hope that spring is slowly coming forth...the sun has been shining yet the bite saying winter is still at hand...i hope you are well and enjoying weekend...much love light and blessings~