Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Thought To Ponder - Remembering Those Who Have Passed

As All Hallows Eve nears, let us not forget to remember those who have passed before us.

Death is more universal than life.
Everyone dies, yet not everyone lives
A. Sachs


For death is no more
than a turning of us over from time to eternity
William Penn

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes
like the body
Answers that the flower withers, but the seed remains
Kahil Gibran

When someone you love becomes a memory
the memory becomes a treasure
Author Unknown

Photos of Bonaventure Cemetary in Savannah Georgia
For an extra entry in the current giveaway leave a comment with the word Bonaventure in it. 

13 comments:

greekwitch said...

This post was very powerful. The pictures took my breath away and the poem was truly touching.

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Robin Larkspur said...

Beautiful quotes and photos of amazing monuments. Thanks for showing us the Bonaventure cemetary.

Anonymous said...

I love cemetarys and this one especially; there is a road trip in my future!
Powerful post - thank you!

brandi said...

~the A. Sachs quote is among my favorites...this was a beautifully put together post...i shall not foget but always remember my l♥vved ones passed...hoping to go visit my husbands father...wishing you a wonderful day...much l♥ve and light upon you and yours~

Sooz said...

Lovely post....thanks.

Wendilea said...

Wonderful reminder... lovely cemetary...thoughtful poetic quotes. Have a blessed weekend Mother Moon!

mxtodis123 said...

Thanks for such a moving post.
Mary

Boom said...

Your post captures my heart and I am taking time to remember all my loved ones who have gone on before me.

Teresa said...

Such beautiful pictures and quotes. Lovely reminder of what this season is really about.

AkasaWolfSong said...

What a poignant post Janie...I have been gathering my ancestors photos this week to put on my Samhain Altar and it has been so cathartic.

I love cemetaries and tombstones with Angels on them, as I truly love and adore the Angels.

Your pictures are serene and very thoughtful as are the quotes.


Truly an oustanding cemetary is 'Bonaventure'!

Blessings of Peace this Autumn Night!

Amy said...

Blessed Samhain, Mother Moon. Thank you for this moving post. Love and light to you and yours at this special time.

Tracy DeLuca said...

Beautiful quotes and awesome pics. I spent last night remembering my father. ANd today I am making me resolutions. Blessed Samhain to you, Mama Moon!