Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tag - I Guess I'm It......

I used to love the PE games we would play when I was in grade school.. Please do not ask me to tell you just how long ago that was... Yet Dodge Ball, Kick Ball and the wonderful game of Tag were the usual ones played.  Seems that Heather  has started a game of blog land tag and Juniper at Wicca Moms has just managed to tag me... I am somewhat like Juniper in that I am not to crazy about these chain things in blog land, but in reading the questions I thought what the heck, its filler and it will let you all know a bit more about me...  

Of course there is a list of questions to answer and rules to abide by:  isn't there always.....  So here they are: 
- Copy and paste the questions to your blog
- Then Tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs and leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged.
- When you post your blog, please spread some Holiday Cheer, and leave a link back to Heather's Blog as well as the one to the blog of the person who tagged you.

So here are the questions:

1. Have you started your holiday shopping? I am always shopping... I like to get gifts that reflect the person I am giving them too, so of course yes I have.

2.  Tell me about some of your favorite traditions.  On Christmas eve we always have a big feed of goodies.... Candies, Cookies, Meats, Cheeses and such... Have done it for it years. Although this year will be the first in many that we will not have it as all the kids are scattered and it will just be Vince & I...

3.  When do you put up your tree?  This year we put the wee thing up quite early... although usually we wait til a couple weeks before Christmas.  Traditions seem to be changing with me as I transition from "Christmas" to Yule.  It has taken on a new meaning.

4.  Are you a Black Friday shopper.  Never.... Never...... Never.....

5.  Do you travel for the holidays or stay at home.  When the kids were little it seemed we always traveled... had to be at everyones house in a matter of a few days... I did not like it at all... The kids however loved it, yet who wouldn't if you were overloaded with presents.  Now I enjoy sitting at home.  Although with the kids abroad I have a feeling that we may travel from time to time to visit. 

6.  What is your funniest holiday memory  When my middle son woke up in the middle of the night to find me filling the stockings.  Before then he really believed in Santa...

7.  What is your favorite Holiday movie I watched "Its A Wonderful Life" for the first time last year with Vincent.  He could hardly believe that I had never watched it... A nice old heartwarming movie that makes you feel good all over... Yet I have to say I truly love, Christmas Story... Ralphie is my hero.  The movie makes me laughs for hours.

8.  Do you do your own holiday baking? Of course I always do my own baking holidays or no holidays....

9.  Fake or real tree.  In regards to the Christmas tree, fake... As I can not see the reason to cut a perfectly good tree down just so you can dress it up and let it die.  I love the smell don't get me wrong but I have grown far to fond of trees and just can't see the worth of such a thing.  Something with me that has changed through the years... Last year we did purchase a small Pine which was potted.  We kept it in the house til after the holidays then planted it outdoors.  I like this tradition much better.  You still get the wonderful aroma yet you don't have to slaughter a tree to do it. 

10.  What day does the actual panic set in to get ia ll done.  I think I have grown past this point.  Yule time should not be a time of panic.  It is a time of quiet calmness.  If preperation takes me to a place of chaos then I need to rethink what I am doing. 

11.  Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas/Solstice Eve?  Usually not.  As I said earlier I shop year through and usually am able to get this done early. 

12.  What is your favorite family fun time at the holidays.  Cooking the food and feeding it to friends and family.

13.What holiday craft do you like the best. Which ever one I am doing at the time... Yet if I had to pick it would probably be my cooking. 

14.  Holiday music yes or no? and if yes what is your favorite song.  I do not like the way Christmas music is everywhere all the time from the day after Thanksgiving and on.  There are a couple songs that I love due to sentimental value yet when you hear it so much it becomes a drain.  "O Holy Night" is one of my favorites because I remember my sister always wanting to hear it sung before she went to bed on Christmas Eve and as I grew older and learned the song, I realized it had beautiful 3 part harmony.  It has always been one of my favorite songs to sing.

15.  When do you plan to finish your shopping  when I finally find the perfect gift. 

Now I have to tag five other bloggers and make them do  this themselves (sorry!!)  Here they are in no particular order, and through no fault of their own.  Really I am just curious as to how they will answer all these questions....



Sorry girls, I really am just curious to see how you answer these questions, some of you more than others... hee hee... I am so naughty...

 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your answer to #10 is right on! I hope people take your wise counsel to heart!

Lyon said...

lol Very nice! =) I will definitely participate. Thank you for thinking to tag me.

Anonymous said...

Naughty Janie...Naughty Janie...Naughty Janie....

Oh I still love you though...but I am going to keep all my secrets to myself...I mean...you all wouldn't want to know anything about little old me...would you?

Aren't you all sick of my past...!?
What makes you think that my present isn't just as horrid...he he he...ho ho ho...boo hoo hoo...

The verification word is fled...!

Mother Moon said...

Celia.. know you too well you are good at keeping secrets this is true... but they slip out every so often... :-) and anyhows... we love hearing about you.. at least I do... plus what can I say I have a naughty strike in me...

Bridgett said...

Okay...my jaw dropped when I read a few of your answers. :)

I've never watched It's A Wonderful Life either!

AND...my favorite song is O Holy Night, as well.

:D

Are you my long-lost twin?

I will do this tomorrow. Sorry I haven't gotten to this more quickly. As usual, I'm playing catch up in blogland.

Thank you for thinking of me!

)O(
boo