Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome Spring

This weekend comes the Spring Equinox. It is one of the two occurrences of the year cycle when the day is of equal lengths… Half dark and half light. It is the time when Spring comes forth and enters into the cycle to bring warmth and rebirth of life. Already signs have been seen that show the earth preparing for her grand entrance. From the flowering of the blooms to the tender shoots that are springing forth. Her presence is near.

For me this time of year has always been a time when an awakening seems to occur in my being. It is a time when an area of me is brought forth and transformed once more. Being a highly reflective person I tend to ponder on many things and how they may affect me or those whom I hold dear. I try to be aware of where I may need to give more attention so that I may be on the path that I should be. This year is no different.

I have been anxious for this time to come this year, as it seems many others have also been. There is an uneasiness it seems in the world. The occurrences that have happened as of late… the struggles many are having in regards to finances and such…. and just the everyday attempt to continually move forward in one’s life.

I wish for you this Ostara that as Spring comes forth she brings new beginnings. A rebirth of vitality that gives the strength needed to move forward with the things that are ahead of you. I wish the sun to shine and warmth to surround you, if only in a figurative manner. I wish the insight and wisdom needed to achieve such things is easily found. Blessings to you and yours.

11 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

Seems we all are in a reflective, contemplative place Dear Mother Moon...I feel this pull at this time of year as well. I think the seasons of our souls turn as well.

Happy Ostara and may the Wheel of Turning be filled with God/Goddess
Light to brighten up all the corners of your Spirit and Soul...

Many Blessings on Gentle Winds!

mxtodis123 said...

Blessings to you at this wonderful time of the year. My year has been one of trials, but also one of joys. Meeting you has been one of my joys. Thank you, my friend.
Mary

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post, thank you for the wishes. I wish the same for you as well.

Nydia said...

Beautiful post, Moon. I wish you a wonderful Ostara, may this season be a productive and happy one for you and yours! Here we will celebrate mabon and the Autumn equinox.

Kisses from Nydia and little witch.

Eliza said...

Lovely post, and pictures. Happy Ostara :-)

Laura said...

A beautiful post. Wishing you a very beautiful Ostara.

blessings
~*~

Rue said...

Sweet Spring Equinox blessing to you Mother Moon!

Pheonix_Dawn said...

I hope you have a wonderful Spring Equnox tommorow We will be celebrating it and my fathers B day. My grandfathers b day was on the summer solstice.They were both blessed! I am preparing tonite for tommorow! Much Love and Light I hope you get this

Marie S said...

I wish the same for you!
Happy Spring!
Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

I have been in a reflective mood myself with the onset of spring. Its a good thing to rediscover yourself.

Bridgett said...

I hope this spring is all you hoped it would be, J!