Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Book Review - Be Love Now by Ram Dass

Again I have been asked by TLC  to do another book review.  The book in review is "Be Love Now" by Ram Dass .  I will be honest and say that it took me a bit to get into this book.  I enjoyed the content yet still it was just not an easy read for me. 

"Be Love Now" is a distant follow up to his Ram Dass previous books "Be Here Now" and "Still Here"   Not having read the two previous books this allowed me to have a fresh view of the book in review.  I enjoyed the reflectiveness on life in the sixties although I was just a young young at that time.  I still have always been quite interested in the make up of those who were partakers in this experimental time of life.

I admired also his recollections of his struggles through life and his determination to stay on track with what it was he believed and felt important.  I have always been an admirer of those who stick to their guns regardless and keep truckin forward towards what they see ahead. 

Despite the fact that this book was a bit of a hard read for me, I would recomend it to anyone who holds an open mind to their spiritual walk in life understanding that we all have our own journeys to take and that each one has its different aspects.  For other reviews on this book and others visit TLC .  Also if you would like more information on Ram Dass himself visit Ram Dass Now

4 comments:

A Hippie's Bookshelf said...

A wonderful review! I would love to read this book about his journey yes, but you got my attention with 'I would recommend it to anyone who holds an open mind to their spiritual walk in life understanding that we all have our own journeys to take and that each one has its different aspects.' -Beautifully explained, and I so agree. Now another book added to my wish list. Thank you for sharing your review :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your positive thoughts about this book although it was not an easy read for you.

I enjoyed this book tremendously. It's so packed full of spiritual insight and guidance. I found I wanted to take time with it and let it soak in.

All the best to you.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Putting it on my list of books to read Janie! I'm a little older than you so maybe I can identify but no matter if it is spiritual bread we all can do that?

Blessings for a Magickal Day!
xoxo

Heather J. @ TLC Books said...

I'm glad that you kept reading despite getting off to a rocky start - it sounds like this book was worth the effort.

Thanks for being a part of the tour!