Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Beginnings


It has been somewhat of a hectic time for me as of late. It seems that so many things have been going on. I am not sure if it is that I am getting older and keeping up with such things is just becoming a bit harder or that I have just really been busy. I like to think it is the second reason. I am hoping that the time to come will bring somewhat of a slower pace for me although I am not sure that that will happen. The holidays always seem to be a somewhat hectic time regardless.

Yet November is here and with it comes the beginning of a new year. (At least for those who follow the Celtic calendar). I have so enjoyed this last year and all the things it has brought my way. It never ceases to amaze me the countless blessings that are constantly occurring if you only take the time to look for them.

Once again I find myself looking at areas of my life that I want to focus on and possibly make changes to or give more time and attention to. Usually I am not too keen on resolutions. Not sure if that is an excuse or a good reason. There are some areas that I feel drawn to work on, although I feel that it may be the fact that my 49th birthday falls this month. I see the days following November 19th to be quite special. They each are a piece of the road that makes up my 50th year of life. Granted I am not too keen on getting older yet the milestone of my 50th birthday is somewhat special. It also pushes me to think on where I have been and where else I would like to go in my life.

Vincent and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend and with it we were told the news that his daughter and her husband are expecting. So a new grandchild will bless our midst next summer. It is always a joy to hear the news of a child to come. It is even more enjoyable when the child is to be part of your family. It will be a while before we know whether it is a boy or a girl yet that does not take anything from the excitement.

I have also been blessed to have won a couple recent giveaways which I am overjoyed about. First was second place in Byrum Art’s giveaway. I love their work and so when I received an email from Sherry telling me I could hardly believe it. The next prize took me totally by surprise. It was the wonderful Salem gift basket from Jaz over at October Farm in Mrs. B’s last giveaway of her 31 days of Halloween event. Her baskets are always so wonderful and her trips to Salem each year are amazing. It is always fun to get goodies in the mail.

The weather has cooled considerably. In fact it is coat weather her with a brisk cool breeze blowing all week. I have work to be done in my yard yet am not sure if I will be able to get it done this week. Time will tell I guess. I am slowly getting back to all the things that need tending. Life calls as it does most of us from time to time and we have to give in and give it the time and attention that it demands. Hoping this Tuesday finds those who visit well and in good spirits.

Blessings

16 comments:

Kally83 said...

I think congratulations are due! Happy (belated) anniversary and yay for new grandchildren!

I just wanted to ask you to pop over to my blog when you get a chance, I have a little something for you :)

Robin Larkspur said...

Congrats on your winnings!! Happy Birthday, joyous news about a new baby...wow, you have so much good happening. Busy is good too, it means your are alive and breathing!!

brandi said...

~i too am hoping life will slow a bit...congrats to you and vincent...each year that passes may you remember that special day you vowed to be with oneanother...may l♥ve forever burn in your heart and moments always be upon you that steal your breath away...happy anniversary and many many more to come!! so many new and exciting things coming to be in your life...babies...always a wonderful joyous blessings!! and i know how you l♥ve them so...and as for this year...welcoming anew...embarking on new journies...marking milestones...may this year be filled with all you wish to be in your life...your spirit full and your soul living free...embrace each day...as it is just the beginning...and wonderful treats you have received as well...i adored my basket from jaz!! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family and winning those wonderful treats.

Wishing this year to be as blessed as the last!

Unknown said...

Oh happy days and a grandbaby on the way how wonderful is that!
I too am reflecting and as this was my first official Samhain I look forward to this next year as a beautiful learning experience.
Hey we share a birthday month too! My 42nd is on the 12th! Happy Birthday to us!

Blessings

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Beloved...Happy Anniversary! I hope many more are to come! Faerwillow said it best, didn't she?
And how exciting to be looking forward to another Grandbaby! Wow! There is nothing like holding a new life and smelling the sweet essence of another brand new soul. I bet your family is very ecstatic. :)
Congrats on all of your goodies, and I'm happy you won!
Yes, life has been busy...I am just winding down from Samhain and my Sister leaving to go back to Kentucky. But life keeps on happening so I'd best get with it, lol! I've so much to do I don't no where to begin and here I am on the computer...
Here's wishing you a grand week and many, many blessings! (I loved your picture!)

mxtodis123 said...

So many wonderful things going on in your life. 50 was a great year. I used to fight aging with a passion, but I grew up when I hit 50.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice Halloween swag! Congrats!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

congratulations on all of your blessings. And a Happy Birthday to come.
The Olde Bagg

Wendilea said...

Good tidings and brightest blessings on this turn of wheel! 50 seems scary until you get there... then it turns to golden Autumn and it's wonderful thereafter!

Anonymous said...

You look great! That ol' man of yours looks hot, too. Bet he's pretty nice, too. Hope he gives you a good present on your BD. Maybe something sexy?

Eliza said...

Congratulations and have a wonderful new year :-)

Millie said...

I hope you enjoy the end of your 49th year before you start celebrating the 50th. Congrats on the new grandchild. Lots of new beginnings. I agree that it really does seem to be the time of year to reflect on where we are and where we want to go.

Wendy said...

I love the look of your blog, it's earthy and fiery and deep. Gorgeous. Wishing you, Vincent and all your fur-babies beautiful magick throughout the year!

Marie S said...

Happy Anniversay, happy Grandchild, and happy birthday (soon)!
You have been busy!!
Congratulations on your fabulous wins too.
Happy New Year!
May it be even better than last month.

Unknown said...

Mother Moon,
You have so many things to celebrate! Just remember to do so with total abandon! Happy Wishes To You!