Monday, November 22, 2010

Celtic Tree Calendar - The Reed Moon

October 28 thru November 23rd -   The Reed Moon was called Negetal by the Celts and is sometimes referred to as the Elm Moon by today more modern pagans. Reed is often used to make wind insturments.  It is thought that their haunting sounds can be heard when a soul is being summoned to the Underworld. During the Reed moon is an excellent time to do forms of divination and scrying as well as any magic related to spirit guides, energy work, meditation, celebration of those who have passed before and also honoring the cylce of life and rebirth.

I hope you had the opportunity to go out last night and enjoy the Moon in all her glory.  She was as beautiful as ever here.  The warm evening lent itself to a beautiful time to sit outdoors under her glow and enjoy oneself.  I sat my latest set of runes under her light for the night to charge them with her energy. 

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful post and gorgeous tribute ..we are such kindreds. yes the Moon was fabulous and it is so wonderful to create with it's magic in some special way. I love working with the celtic trees too...and the special energies they bring. My sister is a reed....so it is her power time. Lovely post..and awesome to meet you!Your blog is gorgeous and enchanting!

Victoria~

Unknown said...

I have been meaning to tell you that you have so described me as I am Reed. I was unable to enjoy full view of her last night as the clouds were thick but her glow was amazing almost as if she is welcoming the coming winter.

Hugs and Blessings

KrisMrsBBradley said...

The moon was huge in my neck of the woods - and just gorgeous!

Faerie Sage said...

Thank you for caring and commenting!
Blessings