Monday, November 9, 2009

A Change Will Do Me Good


Thanks to Judith over at Merlins Mistress I decided to change the look of my blog.  Although really I can't blame her for the sudden difference.  I mean I did go out last Friday and change my hair.  To most of you that may not mean much... I mean maybe a cut her or there... maybe some curls or some highlights.  Well I was a bit more drastic... I went Red.  Yea... maybe it's just the changing of the leaves to all the beautiful shades of gold and brown and RED.... Or maybe not.

Just wanted to do something different.  And to tell you the truth I think I really like it.  It was time for a change.  I mean so many other areas of my life were changing... They have been all year long, why shouldn't my appearance also have an overhaul.  Vincent says it makes me look more witchy.  I like it because it makes my eyes look more green.  My friend Christy likes it because she is one of those that thinks you should not have blonde hair after Labor Day.  Needless to say I was a bit late in changing, but the important thing was that I finally did. 

The weather feels like it is about to change to as it should be also.  Which is a good thing.  I am ready for the dormant time of the year.  For snuggling inside with hot chocolate and baking goodies all the time.  I am ready for long afternoons on the sofa with a good book or maybe working on writing my own good book.  I am ready for self reflection that this time always seems to bring to me and the anticipation of the coming spring when all will be new again.  I am ready for the holidays and the family and friends it brings back to visit.  I am ready for Winter.... there I said it. 

I can tell that more than the weather, more than the appearance of my blog, and yes even more than my hair... there will be lots of change to come... I will admit I am a creature of habit and at times can be a bit cranky when change comes and takes me from my comfort zone, yet I know by experience that change is usually a good thing.  There is always a lesson to be learned and a new experience to explore.  So with that being said... I look forward to my new adventures as a crazy redhead.

16 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I like your new look here. I used to have my hair red also. Just loved it, but I found the red hard to take care of. Over blond hair, it washes out too quickly. And then, as I grew older and the greys and whites started pouring in, I had to give it up completely. Red just didn't go too well with the greys. I've colored my hair for so long that I can't remember what my real color is. It's the one part of my vanity that I hold onto at age 63. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look - inspires me to make a change! =)

Rowan LeBoutillier said...

Love the new look!!! Very sophisticated.

I agree that red hair does make green eyes pop!! Tell your friend, Christy that old notion of having blonde hair after Labour Day is hogwash!! I make a great living making people blonde all year long!! LOL!!

BB )O(

Dede said...

Oh change....We will be making that move on Thanksgiving Day! Again thank you for that gentle push.

I bet your hair looks stunning! Change is just a new adventure.

(((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

I love it! I love the colors! Your hair sounds awesome, but then again, as a red head myself, I am a bit partial lol..

Bridgett said...

Okay, girly, where's the pictures? I'm dying to see your hair!!

I had red for awhile...it ranged anywhere from orangey red to purple red and everything in between. LOL

Now I just seem to stick to browns. I just alternate from lighter browns in summer to darker, almost black, browns in the winter. Creative, eh? :)

)O(
boo

Wendy said...

A redhead with a new blog look? Watch out world!

Seriously, what is it about red hair? I love dying my hair red and always whine about how it fades so quickly. Enjoy the fiery brillance of your auburn tresses!

Funny how your blog look is the opposite - more airy. :D

Danni said...

I dyed my hair red the day before Samhain. :) I used to do it all the time as a teen, but it's been 8 or so years since I last did it. I swear, I love it so much I should have been born a red head. :)

I also wanted to stop by and let you now I received your package today! I love everything! Today was one of those super draining days and I am so looking forward to sipping some cider and sniffing some lavender before heading to bed. Thank you again for hosting such a beautiful giveaway!

Mother Moon said...

yes I know.... red seems like it will be hard to keep the way I like it but i really do like it... I promise a pic of my new look will be posted soon... :-)

Rob the Gardener said...

I very much like your new outlook.

And look forward to the picture.

It really is changing time for you huh.

Lyon said...

This:

"My friend Christy likes it because she is one of those that thinks you should not have blonde hair after Labor Day."

Made me laugh out loud for real. I don't know why, it just smacked my funny bone. I may write a poem about it even.

Good for you for embracing some change, I'm sure you're rocking that red hair. =) And I definitely like what you've done with the blog too!

Anonymous said...

I knew that once you felt the artist within you stir...it would go to your head!

I bet you look just like a Pre Raphaelite damsel...maybe you'll let me paint you!

I love the new look Janie.

Hilary said...

Love the new blog look. I bet your hair looks great. I'm working on getting my hair red also. I've been dying my hair black for 8 years so it's taking a little bit of time.

JoyceAnn said...

Ch , Ch , Changes ~ Sometimes we need changes to stir the soul , sounds like yours is churning (LOL). Your blog looks great , love the new look.

~ Be Blessed ~

mermaiden said...

hmmmm...just sayin' it can even make it happen.
that's what Kate Bush said, and i always listen to her ;)

go YOU!

Judith said...

LOVE the new look!!!!