Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Its A Beautiful Day



This morning I rose as usual, made the coffee, let the cats out of the garage, and went to read the new blog posts for the day.  I have to say that I read several that truly touched me in many ways.   From Rayden's Rants to Domestic Witch and a few others I thought my day was planned out.  I was inspired for my entry of the day and although I thought it would end up being a long one, I was prepared to write it.

Then Vincents comes to share a cup of morning coffee with me and my thought to be plans for the day are changed again.  We decide to go for a short drive and see if we can find any unique photo opportunities.  The day started out a bit foggy so I was excited about the possibility of making it to a huge old cemetary I have been wanting to go to for so long. 


We made a quick stop at the post office to send off my home made Ornie to Aunt Manny for our exchange, picked up a couple Rockstars at the quick trip (the energy drinks of course) and we were off.  The further we went the more the clouds cleared and before we knew it the sky was a beautiful color of blue.  It was going to be a wonderful day for picture taking I just knew it.

We stopped at this old run down gas station out in the middle of nowhere.  It gave us some wonderful opportunities.  While we were there a local stopped by and informed us that it was in the movie Rain Man.  Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman had stopped there to use a pay phone that was located outside the building.  Unfortunately it is no longer there.  Still we were able to get some great shots.  We stopped in the town of Hinton Oklahoma and ate at a wonderful little locally run Mexican restuarant.  I had my usual Chili Relano and Vincent his 2 tacos and an enchiladia.    Mexican food taste so much better when it is not from a chain.  Home made all the way... yummy!!
Finally we went to a little state park outside of Hinton called Red Rock.  It was my first time yet I can say for sure it will not be my last.  It was filled with more color than I have seen in a long time.  Beautiful leaves of red, gold, yellow, brown and so on were everywhere.  Huge trees stretched towards the heavens stood everywhere.  Needless to say these are but a few of the pictures I took.  It was a magical place for me.  I am a lover of trees and it was the most peaceful place I have ever been.  Such grace and majesty could be felt.  I am sure the two men that were mowing and the few stray campers there thought I was a bit daft;  Lying on my back in the leaves taking pictures straight up.  Any of you who know Oklahoma know that most of our trees lean to the north, due to the constant south winds we have.  Yet here they all stood straight and tall.  Mainly because it was in a vallen surrounded by huge walls of red rock, hence the name Red Rock Canyon. 

Needless to say I did not make it up to the cemetery as I thought I would.  I did not end up writing that long blog I "thought" I was so inspired to write.  It will have to wait for another day.  Instead I enjoyed life.... again.  This seems to be becoming quite a habit for me, one that I think I could grow to really like.  On my return I was greeted by several of the sweetest comments on my blog - a extra hug for Sobeit.  You truly do brighten my days more than you know.  You are a true blessing to me.  I am beginning to think maybe it really is the red hair.  And they say blondes have more fun... ha!!!  I don't think they have anything on a red head. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I've never been to Hinton but I've heard of Red Rock. I'll have to check it out sometime!

Unknown said...

Well it sounds like you had a fantastic day! I love it when you set out to do something, and then something spur of the moment comes up and you end up having the greatest time!

I LOVE the red hair woohoo! What an awesome shade! You fit right in with all that gorgeous color you took pics of today!

*Hugs*

Bridgett said...

You're rocking that red hair! LOVE it! It's the perfect auburn shade for fall.

You go, girly!

As for your day trip...wow. You captures some amazing shots. I actually think I remember that gas station from the movie Rain Man. Now I'm going to have to watch again. LOL

So glad you enjoyed your day. Ahh, the memories!

)O(
boo

Rob the Gardener said...

I like the red look :)

What a lovely day you had and the pictures are amazing.

Great find of that gas station too.

Red Rock, I know the name from somewhere, now where from....

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

I think that even though it wasn't the post you intended to write, it was the one you were meant to!

Great photos, I'm envious of all the pretty changing fall colors.
Thanks for sharing them.

(Btw, redheads rock! I have one of my very own..)

Lyon said...

"Instead I enjoyed life.... again. This seems to be becoming quite a habit for me, one that I think I could grow to really like."

If we could all be so lucky, my dear. ;-)

Good for you. Beautiful photos! =)

Christine said...

Lovely colors and yes, the red hair looks great! I will admit though, this year I am definitely not ready for winter. The last two beat me down pretty hard.

Nydia said...

It's obvious you ended up writting the right post today! :o) Enoying life is someting that only a few people remembers to, with all the rush we live in. But even in between tasks, there's always time to simply breath an be thankful, I think. Great photos, loved them!

Thanks for your lovely words on my post.

Kisses from Nydia.

Tamara said...

What a fun day!! I love going on drives and taking photographs. You really caught some great pics and I like the one of the old gas pump...that one is a framer. :)

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Really wonderful photographs!

Dede said...

Isn't it wonderful when we let it go? Sounds like a splendid day and the pictures are just beautiful! Love the hair, you rock!

(((HUGS)))

Rue said...

OMG - I feel like I'm looking at my Aunt - you look just like her with that red hair! She's a favourite, of course!

Glad you had such a fun day!