Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise


I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me today in my mailbox.  Actually two surprises.  The first on was my mystery giveway prize I won from Jules at Moon Cat Farms.  To be honest I had not remembered even entering it so I was surprised when she told me I had won.  It was a wonderful goodie box filled with a wonderful sachet bag, some of her home made soap, fatty pens, an adorable frame and a truly yummy dark chocolate & pomegrante candy bar.  I would like to know how she knew that I die for dark chocolate.  And I have to say the pomegrante taste wonderful... thanks so much Julie.  I truly love all of it.... (esp. the chocolate)

The next surprise was from my youngest son.  Him and his fiancee currently live in Alexandria Virginia, which means that they will not be here to celebrate my birthday with me next week.  Also because they are leaving for a week in Tokyo on that day... Must be rough.  Anyhow, they sent my gift early which I had to open when I received.  I am terrible about waiting... Did I say I love surprises. 

I was totally knocked over when I opened the package and found the painting by Dorothy Kadosh.  It was simply beautiful.  The painting is done in a somewhat 3-d sense with the tree wrapping around the canvas.  It is simply beautiful.  Some of you may be familiar with Dororthy as she is an artist from Pennsylvania yet even more she is known for her work as an Astrologer and her work in Metaphysics.  She is currently director of the School of Psychic Self Defense . 


Also in the package from my son was his usual quirky card which only him and I would laugh at and a small (actually tiny) chinese food container.  Inside it were 2 tiny oragami turtles, a fortune cookie and a pair of beautiful purple and silver earrings.  Needless to say I was pleasently surprised today.  A lovely way to start off the week before my birthday.  Kids, you just have to love them. 

14 comments:

Anndi said...

We reap what we sow. Your kindness and wisdom comes back to you.

What a thoughtful son you have.

mxtodis123 said...

What wonderful surprises! I love to get packages in the mail. There is something about a package, isn't there?
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The only thing better than ONE wonderful surprise package in the mail . . . is TWO wonderful surprise packages in the mail! What a great day!

Iris said...

Wow, I just love that painting! It is so nice to have a package to open, not to mention birthday presents too! It sounds like a nice start to a new year for you! Where will you hang the tree?

Dede said...

WOW! The painting is just gorgeous! Is it going in your quiet room? I always get so tickled when something arrives that I didn't order. Sounds like you had a terrific win with all of Jule's offerings. Oh and dark chocolate too! I know you had an awesome day.

(((HUGS)))

Birgit said...

Is it too early to wish you a Happy Birthday? If yes, just pretend to hear it right on your birthday. :)

Lovely gifts -- and a wonderful painting. Thanks for sharing your joy. :)

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Wow what stunning artwork and lovely thoughtful present from your son! Happy Birthday!
I also want to say that your encouraging post to me was uplifting and I am grateful we have met. This encouragement is helping me to accept myself in the place I am in at this moment. Because isn't that what life is..moments in the present strewn together. Thank you for your kind words and friendship :)! Have a great day...Nan

JoyceAnn said...

WOW ~ 2 wonderful gifts, beautiful treasures. The painting is gorgeous , love it! Soo , when is your birthday?

~ Be Blessed ~

Tammie Lee said...

wandering about the web, I found you. I am guessing today is your birthday! I wish you a wonderful and very happy celebration. Your gifts are absolutely wonderful, I can see why your have joy in receiving them!

Mother Moon said...

FYI - My birthday is not until the 19th.... these were just early presents from my son who is going to be flying to Tokyo on my birthday so he sent my gift early... Him and his fiancee are spending Thanksgiving abroad... what fun... not turkey for dinner but sushi...

Rue said...

What a wonderful painting and perfect for you! How nice to be spoiled!

Rob the Gardener said...

Wonderful surprises you had and what a special way of picturing trees this is.

Bridgett said...

Sounds like your son knows his mother quite well.

That painting is gorgeous!

Very happy for you, love.

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. Believe me, she's been spoiled too. :)

Renee said...

What a wonderful son.

The painting is fantastic.

Love Renee xoxo