Monday, November 16, 2009

Random Thoughts About the Last Few Days


It has been an eventful last few days.   Unexpected  occurances, computer issues, and more.  I always find it funny how when such things occur many times in the middle of it all you do not realize the lessons that you will learn in the end. 

One of the unexpected occurances was the passing of  someone we knew.  It was the mother in law of Vincent's brother.  We hail from a very small rural town so when we went back to attend the furneral we saw several people that we have known much of our lives.  Some of them I knew immediately, while some I would not have ever recognized if they had not been introduced to me.  The service was at one of the local churches.  It was led by the resident pastor along with a guest pastor (a woman related to the family). 

Both were reminiscent of the life Mary had led and how she had touched so many.  In the end any wishing to interject any personal memories were encouraged to do so.  The body was then taken to the family farm to be buried next to her husband who had passed 10 years earlier. 

I speak of all this as I have always thought how would I like my afterlife to be dealt with by those who are left behind... I have always had strong feelings that I would like the whole affair to be as festive as possible.  I know I have no say as to how anyone would respond in regards to my passing yet I would hope that it would not be a somber sad time.  Lots of good music... (you should hear my play list for my furneral), good food, lots of laughter, and everything good.  A good ole party I guess is what I'm saying... 

I try to live my life as best I can, doing all the things that I would like to do.  Those things I may not be able to do immediately I keep in mind and hope that eventually I will be able to conquer yet another one of my dreams.  By looking at life this way, I think that I can easily say that when I pass that I will pass with no regrets.  I will have tried to live my life to its fullest and at times beyond that.  Also, I don't like the word "die".  I have already told Vincent refer to me as having passed.  To die seems so final to me.. As if there is nothing else left.  My views and beliefs lead me to a more positive picture.  I will have but passed on to my next adventure.   I am sure that some of the guest may even catch a glimpse of me there, if they look hard enough...

8 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post. I am feeling much the same way as you..."Passed on" is the way I look at death...a journey to another realm.
Mary

Dede said...

This is exactly how I feel. I want family and friends to have a huge get together and have a blast! And no I am not going to die either, I will pass on to my next adventure. No funeral for me either. If you would like to come see me, do it while I am here with you, so that we both may enjoy each other. If you want to bring me flowers, do so in a pot while I am here so that I may plant them and enjoy them with you.

(((HUGS)))

Marrissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I agree with your idea of trying to make the passing of someone a festive thing, because life is truly something to celebrate! Best wishes and thoughts are with you :)

Rue said...

A passing is sad - but I do often wonder what adventures and knowledge they are finding, having gone on ahead of me.

I like the phrase 'passing-on' too.

Jblover109Woozworld said...

I am thinking of you at this time of change for you and your family. In a way this has been an unexpected opportunity for you to see clearly what you want for your passing. In a way it is a blessing in disguise..something good came out of this tragedy. I hope you know that I mean this with respect and honor to your loved one who has passed on.

Take care now and many blessing to you this day...

Renee said...

kisses xxx and hugs ooo

xoxox

Mother Moon said...

as odd as it may sound... the passing of one does not necessarily make me sad. I mean of course when it is a life cut short or someone close there is that pain of the loss of their presence in my life yet as Rue said to me, I cant help but wonder about their journey ahead..

Bridgett said...

I already told Doug of two songs I want played at my funeral...Goodnight, Goodnight by Hot, Hot Heat.

And Goodbye Girl by K.C. and the Sunshine Band.

Two of my favorites. :)

I'll probably toss in some Billy Joel and Elton John too. LOL

So yea, I want a celebration too...nothing somber for me!

)O(
boo