Monday, November 2, 2009

November Full Moon


Ah, there is nothing like the brillance of a full moon; yet I do believe the moons of Autumn and Winter tend to be more brilliant.  The coolness of the night air and a clear sky seems to make it bolder and crisper to the seeing eye.  I woke early this morning as I do most mornings when the moon is full.  The light of her shining through my window as if to beckon me to come and see her in all her glory.  Of course I have to look.  There is nothing more beautiful than mother moon when she is full.  I am glad for her awakenings of me, giving me the chance to behold her brilliance.  I consider it a gift, one I truly cherish.  At 1:13 pm (central time) she will be at her fullest.  She will be out of my sight at this time yet once again as  night falls I will wait for her; anticipating her arrival once more to the nights sky. 


I wish you all a blessed day and clear skys this evening as you seek to catch a glimpse of the November full moon.

10 comments:

magikalseasons said...

It was beautiful last night! :)

Dede said...

Beautiful picture.... I too was woke early this morning, a gorgeous view.

(((HUGS)))

Rob the Gardener said...

Beautiful ...

I also have a lot of Moon feeling. One of the first things when I come downstairs in the morning is open the small curtains and see where it is, meaning, can I see him.

I started following the moon positions years ago and for instance the past year when we were in Greece for vacation in August, each evening when we were still at the beach we could see it come up from behind a mountain and then later at night would watch it with all the stars around it and also follow how it would get bigger/larger from the small thingie, then a little banana look to the full moon and realize what an amazing continuous circle that actually is, for instance compared to it's brother the sun.

Illustrated Ink said...

Lovely post! I will be looking up at the moon tonight!

Judith said...

I have my bottles of water all lined up and ready.. I keep them out under the full moon to empower them with it's magic, then use it in my tinturs and such

Wendy said...

At the playground the night before last, I was surprised to see it was so near to full already. I miss the moons back home, that looked like they were so close, they were touching the earth.

Mother Moon said...

I just got thru watching her come up again this evening.... she is a beauty this month....

Lyon said...

I agree with you, the moon in the colder months has a quality that isn't there any other time of year. I stepped outside last night to moon gaze and I'm so glad I didn't miss her this month.

Amanda said...

i love that picture and i love full moons they are full of beauty, i tried to take a picture of it tonight, but do not have the greatest camera :( One day i'll get a good one!!

Bridgett said...

Aside from my children, I don't think there's anything more beautiful than our mother moon.

)O(
boo