Thursday, January 14, 2010

And Away We Go


Tempertures are warming up around here... It was a warm 54 yesterday and they are even predicting 60s for Sunday.  With the cabin fever that was experienced the last few weeks with all the freezing temperatures and snow, that could only mean one thing.... Taking the Harley out.  I have to admit that Vincent is a bit more weatherized then I.  He does not mind a good brisk ride in 40 degree weather.  You may say that would not be too bad, yet when you figure in the windchill it can be down right cold.  And seeing that I am not an Alaskan snow bunny I do not like that much... However, 60 degree weather is not too bad if you are dressed warm, especially if the wind is light which it is suppose to be on Sunday.

I am and always will be the "bitch" on the back.  Have no desire to have a bike of my own.  I enjoy plugging my earphones in and turning my ipod to some good music and just enjoying myself.  The feel of the wind, the smells of nature, it is all a wonderful experience to me.  Hard to explain really but if you ride (front or back) you know exactly what I am talking about. 

7 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Janie, I'm with you. I used to ride, second seat, on a hog and even at 60 ambient it's still a little chilly if you aren't dressed right. How too much fun girlfriend.

Dede said...

I am so excited that it is getting warmer! I am an Alaskan and I don't care for this cold that we have had. The wind seems to just cut right through you. Thrilled that Vincent will be home this weekend and the two of you will get to ride. Have an awesome time and stay warm!

(((HUGS)))

Jeanne said...

My Hubby rides. He loves it! He also works on bikes.
Was that pic taken in the Ouachita Mountains??

Lucy said...

I'd take 60 any day with my chaps and tights on under my jeans! I can hardly wait for spring! AggH!

Mother Moon said...

the photo was taken down in New mexico near Carlsbad Caverns

Bogaman said...

You and Vincent enjoy your weekend. Have a good ride. X.

Bridgett said...

Hope your bike riding weekend was a success! :)