Thursday, January 14, 2010

Team Coco



Now I have been a fan of Conan O'Brien for many many years.  Yes I admit his sense of humor is somewhat skewed yet that is probably what makes me love him most.  I was overjoyed to hear that he was moving to the Tonight show as I was not too good at staying up until almost midnight to be a loyal Monday thru Friday viewer.... I have completely enjoyed the last 7 months of his hosting.  It has brought a wonderful freshness to the Tonight Show.  Yes I know that his fan base is smaller than "Mr Chin" yet they are so much more alive.  Possibly that is because he is (was) taking the show into a more modern sense.  He has showed this in every sense of the word. One of the most noticeable manners has been the musical guest that he has had since he began his stint.  Bands such as 30 Seconds to Mars, TheNewNo2, and Vampire Weekend just to name a few have graced his stage. 

I applaud Conan's openess in regards to all of what is going on.  Truly uprooting yourself and moving clear across the country, and not just yourself and your family yet all the others you brought with you in regards to the show can not be an easy thing to adjust to.  It is time for "Mr Chin" to realize the fact that he has had his run and it is time for him to bow out gracefully.  Unfortunately I truly doubt he will avoid being the "victim" he is and do that.  What a spoiled brat.  Yet I will refrain from going any further on my feelings in regards to him as it may allow me to say some things that we all already know. 

I remember as a child occasionally watching Johnny Carson.  I likewise loved his quirky ways which at times seems somewhat skewed.  I feel if he were alive today to see what was occurring he would also have to also say "Im with Coco". 

7 comments:

Rue said...

I'm with you - NBC and Jay are being bullies! Leave Conan alone where he is!

mxtodis123 said...

I understand there has been a war of words going on between he and Jay Leno, but I've been getting up later in the morning since hubby's been out of work and haven't had the time to really pay attention to the news. What IS going on between them? Speaking of Johnny Carson. What memories. Every Friday night mom and I would make ourselves eggs, bacon and toast and sit down to watch the show. It was the only quality time we spent together. I'll never forget how we laughed.
Mary

Mother Moon said...

oh Mary I loved your memories of you and your mom... such simplier times they were..... Can not believe that you have not heard all the fuss about the show... looks like Mr. Chin is taking back the tonight show because his flop of a show (the most ridiculous idea ever) got canceled.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It will be interesting how all this shakes down. The latest rumour is that BOTH Conan and Leno will leave NBC for new shows.

magikalseasons said...

Me too! Give me Coco anyday! He is the only late nigh host which makes me laugh. Really and yes out loud.

Lucy said...

I really don't care for either one. Call me odd, but I'd rather watch a movie or the food channel. (We can't get Speed.) I used to like Johnny though...

Bridgett said...

I'm not a big late night TV watcher, but I too like Conan. And I think what NBC is doing to him is shitty.

Boo!