Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Wealth of Wisdom

Ocassionally in our lives when we are fortunate we encounter those wonderful people who are blessed with wisdom.  I truly think they are a gift and too often we neglect to see the true treasure they are.  Wisdom can come in so many forms.  From the bluntness of a child's words to the simple musings of a stranger as they pass by.  Yet one of the most often resources for pure wisdom is from the experiences and life of one who has simply lived.  Gathering in knowledge through the years and learning from it.  Unfortunately we all go through the stage where we think we know it all yet as we start to gain in age ourselves we realize the true value of such things and our minds seem to become a bit more open to things that are not necessarily our own. 

Some time back I was blessed to find Mxtodis123 via blogland.  Little did I know at the time just what a wealth of wisdom she would become to me, in more ways then one.  A very wise woman indeed, at the ripe age of 62.  Now of course with me being 48 I do not see this as old.  It is only a woman coming into the true prime of her life.  Something I truly wish I would have known when I was younger... It would have saved me so much... Believe me... all your younger women... Getting older is a wonderful thing...  Mary as Mxtodis123 is more formally known has several blogs to visit, all of them offering information in regards to some area of interest. Her rich Celtic ancestory and desire to learn of it is what fuels her.  Her blogs are detailed and very rewarding to read. 

Although Moontides is the blog which I feature, there are several others to choose from with more detailed information on specific areas.  Avalon Revisted  is a site dedicated to her Celtic heritage and the history of it.  Inner Journey: The Moon Mythology and You is an indepth blog on the archetypal dimensions of the female self through the cycle of the moon.  Finding Faerieland focuses on the land of faerie and all its wonder and magick.  She even recently stated up a new blog Dreams: A Pathway to the Soul.  Diving head first into the interpertation and explanation of dreams.  I truly think I can easily say that there is something for everyone in Mary's contributions to blogland.  I invite you to visit one or all of her sites.  Personally I think you should take a peek at each one as they are all truly wonderful.  It amazes me at the dedication and time spent on all of these as Mary also works... She truly is a wonder woman... Enjoy

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I don't know what to say. For once I am speechless. Such an honor coming from you. You are truly a wonderful and wise woman yourself.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love her blogs too! They are always well worth reading.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are my sage. I trust in your guidance and follow where you lead and am never ever disappointed. Wow, this is as you say a wonder woman. Thanks for your leadership. (((((((((hugs)))))))) Linda

dersedlx, okay I give. Uncle. Wait, backward it is x large desred, a little less than desired but a lot more than who gives a big one. s-t-r-e-t-c-h

Lyon said...

I love Mary and am a huge fan of Moontides myself already - so I concur with everything you have to say about her. =)

Rue said...

I love Mary too! She is wise and wonderful - just like you!

Bridgett said...

She sounds simply lovely. Off to check out her blogs.

Thank you for the recommendations!