Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Featured This Week : A Male's Perspective


It was never my intent some time back, when I posted my first entry encouraging others to visit a specific blog site as I felt that it had some material that could be interesting to others, that I would enjoy or continue the process as I have.  It truly was just a one time thing for me at first.  Yet then others came along and I wanted to let others know about them.  Now it seems that I feel led each week to focus on a specific blog or person.  I truly do not  try  and figure out who I will write about or simply go down a list.  I do not choose out of the fact that it is one who has just started and needs followers, yet sometimes it works out that way.  Sometimes I truly think on Monday that I know who I will write about, yet as Wednesday rolls around, that idea has changed all together and it ends up being someone entirely different. 


This week I would like to point you in the direction of The Bogamans Blog.  I fell on this site simply by chance.  When Oklahoma was having the blizzard of 2009 last month I had posted some photos of all the snow and the craziness of it all.  Steve, having earlier memories of Oklahoma sent me an email commenting.  Of course when I saw he had a blog I checked it out.  I am not sure if it is the fact that he has ties to Oklahoma, he has Celtic heritage and interest, he post adorable nostalgic photos , he occationally throws in a great recipe, he has a variety of tatoos, or that he rides a bike that continues to keep my interest.  Yet I have found his site to be interesting, down to earth and from the heart. 


He speaks of his journey with an open heart and blunt honesty.  He is a lover of nature.  That is evident not in his claims yet in the manner in which he speaks and the references he makes to things that inspire and uplift him.  In blog land you do not see many men who exhibit themselves in a manner that could be considered revealing.  This is a man's way.  Yet The Bogamans Blog seems to toe this line nicely. 

So the next time you are out looking for a males perspective or just want some good reading, I suggest that you head over and check it out.  You may be wondering what Bogaman means... It is the Old World Celtic word for Bowman or Archer.  Yea he's a hunter too. 

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Big guys on big bikes have always caught my eye! I've already discovered him and thought his chicken tractor was awesome! (Helps spread the poo around!) I'm glad you've spread the poop on his poop and thanks!

Marie S said...

The Bogaman's blog looks very interesting I will have to stop by his place again. Thank you for the lead!

Thank you so much Mother Moon. Each one of the woman I made the goddesses for were quite unique themselves, I am very glad it comes across in the pieces I made.
Thank you for stopping by!

Bogaman said...

What a pleasant surprise as I check your blog this morning. I am truly flattered. I.O.U. X.

Dede said...

He has a great blog. Thanks for sharing your find!

(((HUGS)))

Rue said...

Thanks for the find! I'm a follower now!

Bridgett said...

He sounds amazing! Thank you for the link...