Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hearts for Haiti - Featured Blog


A multitude of options are available to any and all who may want to in some way contribute to the relief efforts of Haiti.  I truly believe that there is something for everyone and that no matter what your circumstance you can find something that will fit you and your situation so that you can give in some manner.  It gives a good feeling that so many are so willing to give to this effort as it is one that is monumental. 

Yesterday I ran across this site and thought I would post it as my featured blog for the week.  It is not neccessarily a blog yet it shows the ability to help quite nicely.  Esty has created a specific site Hearts For Haiti where any of their patrons can contribute an item for sale.  All proceeds (after esty fees) will go to the relief fund for Doctors Without Borders.  I have went to the site often and it is amazing how it continues to grow.  Not only with contributions of items to sale yet also with the amount that has already been sold.    Thus far when I last checked which was this morning they had already collected $6963.00.  Not bad... Not bad at all

I know that in my post yesterday there were remarks of how helpless people felt.  As if they felt like there was nothing that they could do.  It can look overwhelming yet the magic has already started.  Millions and Millions of $ have already been donated (although it will take Millions and Millions more).  People have stepped in and given of their time and energy to help in a physical sense.  There will be other needs that arise as time passes also.  This can make one feel as if there is so little that can be done, yet still I look back to the simple drive from Red Cross.  The Cell Phone Text of Haiti to 90999 donating a mere $10 raised over 22 million dollars in less than a week.  That is a nice dent in the bucket if you ask me.  Every penny truly does count.  So I encourage you to drop by this site and see whats going on....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree just alittle can add up to alot.

Willow

Jblover109Woozworld said...

The Etsy shop to help Haiti sounds like a great idea!! What a wonderful way to help out. America is really stepping up to the plate trying to give aid to our neighbor. Thanks for posting this information!

mxtodis123 said...

It is simply devastating. On top of all their pain and sorrow, another earthquake. I've brought some clothing and shoes to work to donate. That's what we are doing...having a clothing drive.
Mary

Tracy DeLuca said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for featuring this so that we can all go check it out. I have felt helpless and sad for the past week. I have been really trying to think of a way to help and this sounds great!

Illustrated Ink said...

Thank you for posting about the Etsy shop for Haiti! I had no idea, and I'm off to donate!