Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Really You Shouldn't Have


 Antics of a Tameran Witch nominated me for her Kreative Blogger Award.  Thank you so much.  So here goes......

Seven Rules:
-  Thank the Person giving the Award - A big thank you to Kat... I     simply love your blog and appreciate you thinking of me.
-  Copy the Award to your blog - There it is to the left
-  Place a Link to their blog -  Well it is at the top, yet (Link) here it is again
-  Name 7 things people do not know about you.  See below
-  Nominate 7 other bloggers See below
- Place a link to these bloggers. See Below
- Leave a comment on their blog letting them know.... ditto again

Seven Unknown facts about me...... um this could be interesting.....
 -   I can not stand june bugs.  Nothing has the ability to cause me to make a fool out of myself like a june bug.... I am not afraid of bugs in general in fact I sort of like them... except for june bugs.... Do not like the way they can latch onto you with their legs.
I  love the smell of burnt chicken feathers.... I know it is sort of gross.. blame my grandma for it.... I helped her alot when I was little kill chickens then pluck and clean them.  Burning the small feathers off was one of the things I helped with. 
-  I wake up every early morning at either 3:21 or 4:30 am without fail.  Not sure why yet if I check my clock when I do wake up one of those times will always be present.
-  I still have my sisters phone number on my cell even though she passed over 5 years ago.  I just can not bring myself to delete it. 
-  I have a fetish for 6 point tecates with salt and lime. 
-  I  love to watch crop dusters.  I will intentionally stop my car on a country road to sit and watch while a crop duster flys.... I have even been known to follow them...
-  I love to work animals hides.  Tanning that is, the old way.... Scraping and such... My favorites are beaver hides. 

Now for the seven nominations.  I like so many others have said love everyones blogs and find it really hard to nominate just 7... Fortunately I have seen several already out there and know they are going to get a chance to do this also... Yet I wanted to throw a couple in there that I havent seen yet.


There are so many others yet this will get the ball started.  Thanks again Kat

7 comments:

Bridgett said...

I do the exact same thing, waking up at certain times every single morning. I guess we really do have our own internal alarm clocks.

June bugs *are* icky. Agreed.

Burnt chicken feathers? I'm afraid I can't say much about that one because I don't know what they smell like. LOL

Congratulations on the award!

)O(
boo

Tracy DeLuca said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing it with me! I will get that up soon. I hate June bugs, too. They make me feel squeegy. erg. I remember plucking chickens with my Grammie, but the burnt feather smell is not on my list of faves! LOL

Me said...

You are so welcome hun :)

Burnt feathers? I remember being a child on my cousins farm and they cut the head off a chicken. After all these years I can still see it happening. One of those things that sticks with you. I cried my eyes out . . . I had named the chicken and they killed it!

I dont even know what a June bug looks like but I dont like creepy crawlies. *shivers*

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Thanks so much for the nomination! What another fun idea! I will continue on OCNJ! I have never seen a June bug either...or maybe I have and just didn't know it. Bugs are not my favorite creatures..even though I appreciate their role here on earth!

Birgit said...

Hi Janie,

Thanks for your email note from mid-January -- each email from you is so appreciated.

Of course, I immediately had to check out which award you had passed on to me -- I have been so honored. Thanks!

I just re-visited your blog post and saw that you removed me from the list in the meantime. That's okay -- I know that I have been late at answering your email. I am way behind with my correspondence these days.

Anyway, thanks for originally thinking of me -- that means a lot.

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

Mother Moon said...

Birgit: went back and checked my post and your name was not on it... there really is no telling... I have been somewhat out of sorts as of late although I will say I have missed talking to you .... like you I have not been very good at keeping up with emails and such ... hopefully that will change in the near future...

Birgit said...

Well, then I just thought you had mentioned me. Never mind -- I still have to make a post about Wizardess Epi's award anyway... I am SO behind with everything! ;)

-- Birgit