Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Really You Shouldn't Have


 Antics of a Tameran Witch nominated me for her Kreative Blogger Award.  Thank you so much.  So here goes......

Seven Rules:
-  Thank the Person giving the Award - A big thank you to Kat... I     simply love your blog and appreciate you thinking of me.
-  Copy the Award to your blog - There it is to the left
-  Place a Link to their blog -  Well it is at the top, yet (Link) here it is again
-  Name 7 things people do not know about you.  See below
-  Nominate 7 other bloggers See below
- Place a link to these bloggers. See Below
- Leave a comment on their blog letting them know.... ditto again

Seven Unknown facts about me...... um this could be interesting.....
 -   I can not stand june bugs.  Nothing has the ability to cause me to make a fool out of myself like a june bug.... I am not afraid of bugs in general in fact I sort of like them... except for june bugs.... Do not like the way they can latch onto you with their legs.
I  love the smell of burnt chicken feathers.... I know it is sort of gross.. blame my grandma for it.... I helped her alot when I was little kill chickens then pluck and clean them.  Burning the small feathers off was one of the things I helped with. 
-  I wake up every early morning at either 3:21 or 4:30 am without fail.  Not sure why yet if I check my clock when I do wake up one of those times will always be present.
-  I still have my sisters phone number on my cell even though she passed over 5 years ago.  I just can not bring myself to delete it. 
-  I have a fetish for 6 point tecates with salt and lime. 
-  I  love to watch crop dusters.  I will intentionally stop my car on a country road to sit and watch while a crop duster flys.... I have even been known to follow them...
-  I love to work animals hides.  Tanning that is, the old way.... Scraping and such... My favorites are beaver hides. 

Now for the seven nominations.  I like so many others have said love everyones blogs and find it really hard to nominate just 7... Fortunately I have seen several already out there and know they are going to get a chance to do this also... Yet I wanted to throw a couple in there that I havent seen yet.


There are so many others yet this will get the ball started.  Thanks again Kat

7 comments:

Bridgett said...

I do the exact same thing, waking up at certain times every single morning. I guess we really do have our own internal alarm clocks.

June bugs *are* icky. Agreed.

Burnt chicken feathers? I'm afraid I can't say much about that one because I don't know what they smell like. LOL

Congratulations on the award!

)O(
boo

Tracy DeLuca said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing it with me! I will get that up soon. I hate June bugs, too. They make me feel squeegy. erg. I remember plucking chickens with my Grammie, but the burnt feather smell is not on my list of faves! LOL

Witch By Nature and Bitch By Choice said...

You are so welcome hun :)

Burnt feathers? I remember being a child on my cousins farm and they cut the head off a chicken. After all these years I can still see it happening. One of those things that sticks with you. I cried my eyes out . . . I had named the chicken and they killed it!

I dont even know what a June bug looks like but I dont like creepy crawlies. *shivers*

OleCrowsNestJournal_Nan said...

Thanks so much for the nomination! What another fun idea! I will continue on OCNJ! I have never seen a June bug either...or maybe I have and just didn't know it. Bugs are not my favorite creatures..even though I appreciate their role here on earth!

Birgit said...

Hi Janie,

Thanks for your email note from mid-January -- each email from you is so appreciated.

Of course, I immediately had to check out which award you had passed on to me -- I have been so honored. Thanks!

I just re-visited your blog post and saw that you removed me from the list in the meantime. That's okay -- I know that I have been late at answering your email. I am way behind with my correspondence these days.

Anyway, thanks for originally thinking of me -- that means a lot.

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

Mother's Moon's Message said...

Birgit: went back and checked my post and your name was not on it... there really is no telling... I have been somewhat out of sorts as of late although I will say I have missed talking to you .... like you I have not been very good at keeping up with emails and such ... hopefully that will change in the near future...

Birgit said...

Well, then I just thought you had mentioned me. Never mind -- I still have to make a post about Wizardess Epi's award anyway... I am SO behind with everything! ;)

-- Birgit